National ceremonial events
State funeral of Her Majesty The Queen -
Monday 19 September 2022
(Royal.UK, 15 September 2022)
- website: State Funeral and Committal Service for Her Majesty The Queen
- Bank Holiday announced - GOV.UK
- The Lying-in-State will end at 6.30am.
- The Queen's coffin will be taken in a procession from the Palace of Westminster to Westminster Abbey, at 10.44am.
- The funeral will take place at 11am, at Westminster Abbey.
- at 11.55am, the last post will sound. A 2-minute silence will follow, at the service and throughout the UK.
- The funeral will be televised and also local showings are taking place.
- After the funeral, the Queens coffin will be taken in a procession to Wellington Arch.
- From Wellington Arch, the Queen's coffin will be taken to Windsor.
- Once in Windsor, the state hearse will take the coffin along the Long Walk to St George's Chapel in Windsor Chapel (in Windsor Castle), finalising with a committal service taking place, at 4pm.
Laying floral tributes at Royal Residences
Royal Residences will remain closed to the public until after The Queen's funeral has taken place. Guidance is given on the Royal Family website regarding leaving floral tributes at any of the Royal Residences: