Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content

Moving house or registering to pay Council Tax

If you are moving in, out or within Ashfield, you need to let us know.

This form allows you to register to pay Council Tax if you are:

  • moving into your first property and/or moving into the Ashfield area for the first time
  • moving from one address in the Ashfield area to another
  • ending your Council Tax if you are moving to a property outside of the Ashfield area or you are moving to a property where you are no longer liable to pay the Council Tax.

Register your change of address

For all other changes to your Council Tax or if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and / or Council Tax Support, you will need to inform us of this change separately.  

You can use our change of circumstances form to update this information.

If you want to apply for a discount or exemption then check our Council Tax discounts page for further information.

Ways to contact us about registering to pay Council Tax

If you cannot use our online form to tell us you are moving to Ashfield, or have a change of address within the district, you can contact us with your question by:

  • telephone: 01623 457400