Pay your business rates
Sign up to OpenAshfield and manage your business rates payments
Charities are entitled to relief from rates on any non-domestic property which is wholly or mainly used for charitable purposes.
Relief is given at a mandatory rate of 80% of the rate bill rate bill after any transitional arrangements have been applied. However, we also have the discretion to allow relief on all or part of the remaining 20%.
If your organisation is not a registered charity but is another type of non-profit making organisation, you are not automatically entitled to relief. However, we may decide to give you relief on all or part of your rate bill if:
To apply for charitable rate relief you can download the application form from the related documents of this page. You can complete on your computer or print and complete by hand.
Ensure the document is completed and signed before returning to us by:
Ashfield District Council
Kirkby in Ashfield