Leaving care and homelessness
If you are currently in or have been in care or 'looked after', or you're a young person worried about becoming homeless there is help available to you.
How to get help
How and where you get help will depend on your age and situation.
- aged under 18 and in care or a 'looked after' child - you should talk to your social worker first
- aged 16 or 17 and not currently in care or a 'looked after' child - contact Nottinghamshire County Council on 0300 500 80 80 or we can refer you if you telephone us on 01623 457252
- aged 18 to 20 and have been in care or a 'looked after' child - telephone us on 01623 457252 and we'll work with your personal advisor to help you
- aged 21 to 24 and have been in care or a 'looked after' child - telephone us on 01623 457252 and the 21Plus Service on 0115 8044154 so we can work together to help you.
Get help now
If you have nowhere to stay tonight and are over the age of 18:
- telephone: 01623 457252 (8.30am to 5pm)
- telephone: 01623 450000 (out of hours).
If you have nowhere to stay tonight and are aged under 18 contact social care by:
- telephone: 0300 500 80 90 (office hours)
- telephone: 0300 456 4546 (out of office hours).