Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content
Services for private residents and tenants, 10 month guarantee, fixed price, commercial services

Home improvements

Whether you're our tenant or a private resident, or Ashfield business we offer home improvement services for you.

Our services have a fixed price structure so there are no hidden costs and they all come with a 12-month guarantee.

We can help you with home improvement projects for:

  • plumbing
  • electrical
  • painting and decorating
  • key safes
  • outside taps
  • timber and metal gates
  • laminate flooring
  • joinery
  • boiler servicing
  • and more.

Book your home improvement now

What our customers say

We don't only offer our services to our tenants - if you're a private resident or a local business we can carry out work for you too. There won't be any hidden costs and our work comes with a 12-month guarantee.

Our customers say:

"I recently had work completed for tiling in my kitchen, and a light fitted in my hallway. The trades people were excellent and I am extremely grateful for the service from start to finish. I would definitely use the scheme again."

"Could I please make an official compliment for all the team involved in the work I have recently had completed. The surveyor was on time for the appointment which I made today to see him during my lunch hour at home. They were promptly back in touch to give me the quote. Excellent service! First class!"

"Please convey our gratitude to the departments connected to our fence, outside taps and doors replacement. We are extremely pleased with the completed work and the professionalism of all the staff involved - thank you."

Getting permission to change your council house

If you are a secure tenant you have the right to improve your home as long as you get written permission from us first. If you are an introductory tenant your rights are restricted. A written request may either be in a letter format or by email.

Once we have your request will write to you within 28 days with our decision. A home visit may be necessary to discuss your request in detail.

If permission is not granted, the reasons for this will be explained in the decision letter. If you do have rent arrears, permission may be refused.

You must not start work until we have given written permission and all work must be carried out by a competent person. Gas fittings must be carried out by an installer who is Gas Safe Registered (formerly CORGI). Electrical work must be carried out by registered NICEIC installers.