Local employment news and jobs fairs
- The Budget and Spending Review 2021 UK GDP took place on 27 October 2021. Amongst the positive news real wages have increased by 3.4% compared to 2020
- The minimum wage for people aged 23 and over increased from £9.50 to £10.42 per hour on 1 April 2023. This is branded as the National Living Wage by the government; however, this is separate to the Real Living Wage, an independently calculated rate based on cost of living. Still, the gap between the governments National Living Wage and the Real Living Wage is closing.
- From 2016 to 2021, jobs increased by 9.7% in Ashfield from 51,006 to 55,939. This change outpaced the national growth rate of 4.1% by 5.6%
- The top 3 industries in Ashfield in 2021 are Hospital activities, warehousing and storage, and primary education
- Top skills that employers are looking for in Ashfield are: Warehousing, nursing, auditing, personal care, finance, and invoicing
- The number of claimants in Ashfield has risen by 15 people in July 2023, compared to June 2023. We now have 3020 unemployed, which is 3.90% of our working age population. This equates to an overall increase of 45 people since July 2022.
- 4 October 2023: Derby Careers Fair, 10am to 2pm, Pride Park Stadium, Derby, DE24 8XL
- 6 October 2023: Ashfield Careers Fair, Kirkby Leisure Centre, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 7DJ
- 18 October 2023: Nottingham Jobs Fair, 10am to 1pm, Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, NG1 1LA
- 25 October 2023: Nottingham Careers Fair, 10am to 2pm, Albert Hall, Nottingham, NG1 5AA
- 29 November 2023: Derby Jobs Fair, 10am to 1pm, Pride Park Stadium, Derby, DE24 8XL
You can also download the 10Times App for free which lists nearby jobs fairs, business events, trade shows, conferences in the UK and overseas via your tablet or mobile device.
You can also download the Eventbrite App for free which also allows you to search and set alerts to be notified on certain types of events.
Ashfield District Council business support team monitors economic intelligence from several sources; these are:
- website: Midlands Engine Observatory - Latest Reports
- website: Midlands Engine Intelligence Hub
- website: D2N2 Dashboard
- website: Nottinghamshire County Council Employment Bulletin
- website: Nomis – Official Labour Market Statistics
Page last updated: 27 September 2023