Skip to main content
Pay your council tax the easy way

Council urges 14,000 households to sign up to Direct Debit

Ashfield District Council is urging residents to sign up to pay their council tax via direct debit.  

From April households in council tax bands A-D will receive a £150 rebate. Setting up a Direct Debit will ensure you receive your £150 payment quickly and easily, straight into your bank account.

72% of households in Ashfield that pay council tax are already paying via Direct Debit and we are calling on the other 28% (14,000 households) to sign up to today.

Eligible households who don’t pay via Direct Debit for their Council Tax will still receive their rebate, only it may take longer to receive payment. This is because the council will have to contact those affected with details of how to claim their payment.

Cllr David Martin, Cabinet Member for Finance said:

“With the cost of living going up, we want to ensure that residents get their rebate as quickly as possible.  This will be paid as a single payment from April and for those paying their council tax via Direct Debit it will be simply transferred into their bank account.”

Setting up a Direct debit is quick and easy. You can choose to pay over 10 or 12 months with your choice of payment date.

You can set up your Direct debit today at:

Further information on the council tax rebate will be shared with residents once we have received further guidance.