We are committed to equality and diversity and we strive to make Ashfield a place where no-one experiences discrimination or disadvantage because of their individual characteristics.
A district where the diversity of its community is recognised, supported and valued and where everyone in the district can feel safe from harassment and is able to access high equality services that respond to their individual and diverse needs.
Equality is about ensuring that all people are treated equally, this does not mean treating everyone the same, but recognising the differences in life situations and experiences and ensuring that there is equality of opportunity for all people taking into account their individual needs.
Policy, Objectives and performance
- Equality and diversity position statement [PDF 337Kb]
- Corporate equality and inclusion policy [PDF 283Kb]
We are committed to developing a workforce that continues to reflect our local community in regard to the Protected Characteristics and monitor our workforce against the Local Labour Market Profile in respect of:
- marital status.
You can view our annual workforce profile reports here:
- Annual workforce report 2022 [DOCX 139Kb]
- Annual workforce report 2021 [PDF 398Kb]
- Annual workforce report 2020 [PDF 220Kb]
- Annual workforce report 2019 [PDF 687Kb]
- Annual workforce report 2018 [PDF 243Kb]
- Annual workforce report 2017 [PDF 528Kb]
- Annual workforce report 2016 [PDF 1Mb]
- Annual workforce report 2015 [PDF 372Kb]
- Annual workforce report 2014 [PDF 356Kb]