Sutton Lawn to host first Ashfield Day
Sutton Lawn is set to host the first ever Ashfield Day on Saturday 27th August.
The brand new event from Ashfield District Council, will be one of the highlights of the Council’s Summer of Fun events programme.
Ashfield Day will run from 12pm – 8pm with activities happening across the park throughout the day. The first of the two film screenings will take place at 1.30pm showing family favourite, Paddington, with the second film, Mrs Doubtfire, showing at 5.30pm.
On top of the cinema screenings, visitors to the event can expect to see:
- Entertainment stage featuring live music from solo artists, the 18th Century Show, poetry readings, and exciting performances by Kirkby-based Empire Music School
- A dog display and show
- Funfair rides
- Ashfield Arts festival display
- Food and drink stalls including Project D, Back-a-yard Cuisine, Danielles Cupcake Heaven, Michaels ices, Shola and Spice, Spice guys, and M& M’s Food Station
- Community stalls
- Circus skills, bubble workshop, and hoola hoop mega structure with Joker Entertainment
- Walkabout princesses
- Skateboarding and scooter sessions
- Free face painting
- Real donkeys from the Donkey Sanctuary (no rides)
Cllr Samantha Deakin, Executive Lead Member for Parks, town centres, and environmental services, said:
“Ashfield Day is going to be a huge, fun event for the whole family. It will a real celebration of living in Ashfield. The event will showcase the talents of Ashfield residents with artists, singers, dancers, poets, bakers, and makers able to perform and sell their wares at the event.
“The Council has a history of hosting quality, free events and Ashfield Day is set to top our Summer of Fun programme off. We cannot wait for residents to experience our newest event in August!”