Sports Pitch hire terms and conditions - 2022/23 season
- All teams must provide the Authority with a copy of their public liability insurance with their application form.
- The Authority must be advised of all available home fixtures at least two weeks before the start of the football season.
- No pitches will be prepared by the Authority until a list of all available fixtures has been received by the Sports Bookings Section.
- In cases where a full fixture list is not available before the start of the season, e.g. cup matches, the Authority must be notified at least two weeks before the match.
- Fair weather cancellations: The Authority must be notified at least 48 hours in advance of any cancellations. Failure to do so will result in the charge for the pitch being upheld.
- Bad weather cancellations: In the event of bad weather cancellations the Authority must be notified within 48 hours.
- The Authority reserves the right to change pitch allocations in cases of fixture clashes, adverse weather conditions or maintenance requirements. If an alternative Ashfield District Council pitch is not available, the Authority will calculate a pro-rata refund, in such cases, at the end of the season as a credit towards next seasons’ pitch fees. Ashfield District Council will not refund teams for the cost of fixtures played at alternative venues.
- The Authority will advise teams of pitch prices for the following season a minimum of one month before the start of the season.
- Pitches should be kept clear of litter; the ‘home’ team will be responsible for the conduct of the away team and all fans, any costs incurred are to be charged to the club.
- The Home team shall be held liable for any damage to the pitch caused by either team or fans.
- If a changing room has been specified on the booking form, a maximum of one key/fob will be allocated to a designated ‘key/fob holder’ each season.
- Each key/fob will be invoiced for £10 prior to collection. This is a refundable fee which will be reimbursed upon the return of each key/fob unless found to be damaged beyond simple wear and tear.
- Keys/Fobs are to be signed for at the commencement of the season and after payment of key/fob invoices raised.
- Loss of keys/fobs should be reported immediately to the Sports Bookings Team. Failure to do so will result in the team not being granted changing room access. Charges will apply for lost keys/fobs. See Keyholder Form.
- Keys/fobs must not be copied. The copying of the changing room keys/fobs will result in the team losing access to changing rooms for the remainder of the season.
- Changing Room keys/fobs must be returned to the Authority within 21 calendar days of the seasons’ final fixture. Failure to return the keys/fobs within the allotted time may result in changing room facilities being withdrawn for the following season and a replacement charge levied.
- The fob holder is responsible for having the fob access updated at the Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby in Ashfield, by prior appointment, if fixtures are altered from the time of initial issue of the fob.
Changing room usage:
- Changing rooms must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so will result in the ‘home’ team being charged for maintenance of the changing rooms.
- Any damage caused by the teams to the changing room facility will be recharged to the Club through the identified Club Secretary.
- The designated key/fob holder will be responsible for ensuring that the changing rooms are locked, windows closed, shutters closed and locked, heating, lighting and water switched off. Any damage, as a result of changing rooms not being secured, will be charged to the key/fob holder.
- It is the responsibility of the designated key/fob holder to ensure all access gates (where applicable) are secured when vacating the site.
Fees and charges:
- If 10+ home fixtures are booked together, the booking becomes exempt for VAT purposes. Therefore, in this instance, there will be no VAT to pay.
- If 9 or less fixtures are booked together, the booking will be liable for VAT and the club will be charged accordingly.
- To secure your pitch booking for the 2022/23 season we will need to receive your home fixtures list by Friday 23 September 2022. It is the club’s responsibility to ensure that fixtures are submitted by this date otherwise we cannot guarantee that the pitch you have been allocated will still be available, or, more importantly, will be ready for your first home game of the season
- All invoices for pitch usage must be paid to the Authority on receipt unless alternative arrangements have been agreed for the 2022/23 season. Details of who to contact to arrange a payment plan will be included in your pitch allocation confirmation letter, which will be sent out to you by August.
- Failure to pay invoices within the allotted time will result in pitches not being prepared and suspension of fob access to changing rooms.
We will use the information provided by you in order to maintain accurate records of clubs, teams or individuals who book the councils outdoor recreation and sports facilities for contact purposes. The basis under which the Council uses personal data is Contract.
The information that you have provided will be kept in accordance with the Council’s retention schedule, which can be found in our Privacy Notice.
The information provided by you may also be used for the purpose of any other function carried out by the Council. Information about these functions and the legal basis on which information is used by them, your rights and the Council’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be found on the Council’s detailed privacy notice, or requesting a copy by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Ashfield District Council
Kirkby in Ashfield