Trade visits overseas
Overseas trade visits are important buyer seller events that seek to bring people together looking to create commercial opportunities. They provide opportunities to gain essential market knowledge whilst allowing you to find the right connections who will make market entry easier.
Find trade missions
You can search for events, trade fairs, missions, and webinars relevant to your sector or overseas markets on these websites:
- website: Department for Business & Trade - Events
- website: East Midlands Chamber of Commerce - International events and market visits
- website: Trade Fair Dates
You can download the 10Times app for free which lists nearby business events, trade shows, conferences in the UK and overseas via your tablet or mobile device.
It is available on:
- app store: Apple store
- app store: Google play
The Midlands Engine
Is a government initiative that brings together the West and East Midlands as an engine for growth for the UK economy. They run events and trade visits to enable businesses to export more goods and services and grow their overall productivity. Some trade visits may have access to grant funding which can pay towards the costs of attending an overseas event.
- email: email@example.com
- website: Midlands Engine
Upcoming in-person trade events
We advise that you register your interest as early as possible, usually at least 2 months before as places are limited and trade missions are highly sought after.
- 26 to 29 April 2023: FMAEX 2023 - Mexican Aerospace Trade Show in Mexico City. Email: Claudia.Rodriguez@fcdo.gov.uk
- 23 to 24 May 2023: UK-Brazil Matchmaking Sessions at Hospitalar 2023 at São Paulo Expo. This is the largest trade show in healthcare in Latin America
- 23 to 25 May 2023: IMEX Frankfurt Travel Industry Show in Germany
- 6 June 2023: Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare event in Poland. This is for British Healthcare innovators to attend the AI in Healthcare event online or in person. Email: Magdalena.Ociepa-Wroblewska@fcdo.gov.uk
- 5 to 7 June 2023: México Automotive Trade Mission. The Department for Business and Trade will be exhibiting and connecting Midlands suppliers with Mexican buyers. Email: Claudia.Rodriguez@fcdo.gov.uk
- 19 to 21 June 2023. Trade mission to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Renewables, Energy Transition and Decarbonisation Mining. Must register interest by 12 May 2023. Email: Laura.Martucci@fcdo.gov.uk
- 28 August to 1 September 2023: UK Fintech Trade Mission to Australia’s Intersekt festival at Sydney and Melbourne. fintech, wealthtech, insurtech, and regtech companies are invited, you must register interest before 19 May 2023
- 17 to 19 October 2023: IMEX America Travel Industry Trade Show in America
Virtual trade missions
- 17 May 2023: Opportunities in ASEAN and the CPTPP KMPG UKABC Roundtable
Access international market export support
Find out if your business is eligible for tailored in-market support as part of the Export Support Service from the Department for International Trade.
You can access the Export Support Service, where you will be put in touch with a member of the export support team:
- website: GOV.UK - ask the export support team
- telephone: 0300 303 8955
You can find past webinars from these organisations: