If you are an established business looking to grow, then there may be grants available that can help you to develop your projects.
Find available grants
You can search for available grants using the following websites:
High Pavement House Rent Relief Grant
This grant scheme is part of Ashfield’s allocation of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) and is available to SME’s who are new to Sutton in Ashfield and wish to lease a unit in High Pavement House.
- We have 14 units available ranging from 11 square metres up to 42 square metres, so grants will vary from £250 to £960 depending on the unit taken
- These grants will be applied directly by Ashfield Commercial Property team to off-set the first 3 months’ rent. This does not include any service charges for building running costs
- It is hoped that this grant will help businesses to manage their cash flow when relocating, relieving stress during this unprecedented period, making it easier to meet immediate financial commitments such as paying staff and suppliers and meeting running costs.
If you are interested, then we recommend that you speak with our commercial property team to arrange a viewing. Then, if you wish to apply for a unit, please contact our business support team to arrange an online appointment and if you are eligible then we will provide you with a link to access the grant application form.
- closing date: 31 October 2024 or sooner, subject to available funds and units
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- email: email@example.com
Enterprise Development Grant
We are proud to support local enterprises through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund from UK Government. This new scheme will be available from 1 August 2023 for established small and medium sized enterprises (SME) located in the district of Ashfield - or - from outside the district who are now looking to move into the area.
Applicants must also have a viable growth plan which will lead to new jobs being created and be located in eligible areas of the district.
This scheme can provide a grant of up to £6000 or 75% of your eligible project costs to pay towards:
- Costs relating to research and development work e.g. product development, including production of prototypes and research of new marketing opportunities
- Costs associated with staff training, to improve skill levels, in order to introduce the proposed developments into the business
- Internal building refurbishments (Shop fittings are not eligible)
- Shop fronts only where this is part of an overall package of business improvements
- Energy reduction and low carbon related advisory services
- Costs relating to marketing advice.
If you are interested, then please read the guidance document in the related documents section of this page, and check to see if you are eligible. If you are eligible then please contact our business support team to arrange an online appointment, to discuss your business growth project in more detail.
- closing date: 31 October 2024 or sooner, subject to available funds
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hucknall High Street Grant
As part of Ashfield’s allocation of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF), the Council has created a Shop Front Improvement Scheme for eligible businesses and landlords with premises on Hucknall High Street (between the Bus Interchange and the Byron Cinema) to improve their property frontage (including doorway, display window, frame and signs). Premises must have a ground floor and street facing frontage and they can be occupied or unoccupied.
This grant will be available from 1 August 2023, and can pay towards 80% of eligible project costs, up to a maximum grant payment of £9600, excluding VAT.
If you meet the initial eligibility criteria as shown above and are interested, then please contact the Forward Planning Team to discuss your proposals in more detail.
- closing date: 31 October 2024, or subject to available funds
- link: Hucknall High Street shops improvement grant page
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 01623 457383
Made Smarter East Midlands
Provide support for manufacturing businesses on how to switch to advanced and automated technologies, develop manufacturing leadership skills and access the £15,000 capital grant funding and access industrial digital technology expertise to help with implementation.
The Food and Drink Forum - FEAST II
The forum offer grants to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that operate business to business (B2B), which can cover 25% of agreed capital project costs for production equipment. The minimum project considered is £4000, up to a maximum £200,000. You will also receive 12 hours of free technical advice and access to events.
This project is due to close around December 2023, however it may close a few months earlier subject to how remaining funds are spent.
- closes: December 2023
- email: Trudi Waldram, Business Manager - Trudi.firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: The Food and Drink Forum
Invest to grow
The University of Derby Invest to grow programme provides loans and grants to support private sector businesses across the East Midlands, to innovate, grow and create new jobs or safeguard existing jobs. Funding can cover 30% of agreed capital project costs, therefore an award of £15,000 would be for a minimum project cost of £50,000. The maximum award is £250,000. This is a regional growth fund (RGF) grant with no closing date given.
Innovate UK Edge
Attracting funding to support innovation is a key priority for fast growing, innovative businesses that ultimately want to scale up. Innovate UK edge can support you to develop your finance and funding strategy and review your applications as a critical friend. They are key part of the UK Innovation Agency’s investment to drive economic growth and work with industry sector specialists that can support all types of businesses across our region.
If you’re a tech entrepreneur, be it aspiring, scaling or late stage, then Tech Nation may be able to help you through their specialised programmes. They offer peer-to-peer learning, access to world class scale-up coaches, and connections that will help you solve your technology business challenges. You will also gain added exposure for your brand. They are very selective when choosing who they will accept into each programme run, however it’s completely free and they can even help you to find tech investors.
- email: Naomi Nash, Midlands Scale-Up Engagement Manager - email@example.com
- website: Tech Nation – Programmes for Entrepreneurs
- website: Tech Nation - List of financial support providers
Page last updated: 27 September 2023